This post is for all you sailors to encourage you to
register yourself with SailEvent. The process is relatively painless, takes
only a few minutes and it’s free.
Why do we want you to register? To collect your email addresses.
unequivocally) but to connect you to events and competitions run by
What’s in it for sailors?
When you are registered with SailEvent and have entered a competition
run by SailEvent-registered club you can use
- eTally Think of it as signing afloat and ashore on your phone. Quick and effortless. It can even deliver the day’s course to your phone too.
- eLocate GPS location monitoring while you are on the water. Race management and spectators alike can monitor your progress.
We believe that eTally and eLocate make sailing that little bit
safer while giving race management extra information to help them provide
How to register
Either go direct to https://sailevent.net/app/sailor/register
or there are links on the SailEvent website.
Then it’s the familiar process of you submit your email
address, SailEvent sends you an email with a link in it. You click the link, accept
The wizard takes you through the process. The steps are:
- Check your email address once more.
- If you want, set a password for logging in later. It’s optional.
- Try your personalised eTally link. It’s a good idea to pin it to your phone’s screen. How to
- Opt in to receiving reminders to eTally. They are normally emailed but can be texted if the event organisers go for that and you provide your mobile number.
- Register and test a GPS tracker. Needed if you want to use eLocate, otherwise skip – you can always come back later.
- Finally a URL if you want to sync your sailing dates to your phone calendar.
Once registered you will hear no more from SailEvent until
you are entered in one of those SailEvent-registered competitions. If that
doesn’t happen it probably means your club isn’t itself registered. You may
want to encourage it to do so!