This post is for all you sailors to encourage you to register yourself with SailEvent. The process is relatively painless, takes only a few minutes and it’s free.
What’s in it for sailors?
When you are registered with SailEvent and have entered a competition run by SailEvent-registered club you can use
- eTally Think of it as signing afloat and ashore on your phone. Quick and effortless. It can even deliver the day’s course to your phone too.
- eLocate GPS location monitoring while you are on the water. Race management and spectators alike can monitor your progress.
We believe that eTally and eLocate make sailing that little bit safer while giving race management extra information to help them provide better racing.
How to register
Either go direct to https://sailevent.net/app/sailor/register or there are links on the SailEvent website.
The wizard takes you through the process. The steps are:
- Check your email address once more.
- If you want, set a password for logging in later. It’s optional.
- Try your personalised eTally link. It’s a good idea to pin it to your phone’s screen. How to
- Opt in to receiving reminders to eTally. They are normally emailed but can be texted if the event organisers go for that and you provide your mobile number.
- Register and test a GPS tracker. Needed if you want to use eLocate, otherwise skip – you can always come back later.
- Finally a URL if you want to sync your sailing dates to your phone calendar.
Once registered you will hear no more from SailEvent until you are entered in one of those SailEvent-registered competitions. If that doesn’t happen it probably means your club isn’t itself registered. You may want to encourage it to do so!
Post a Comment